Belt Loop and Pin
Cub Scout Sports:
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may
complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community
environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners.
Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Marbles Sports Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of Ringer or another marble game to your leader
or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the game of
Ringer or another marble game.
- Participate in a game of marbles.
Requirements for the Marbles Sports Pin
Earn the Marbles belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Compete in a den, pack, or community marbles tournament.
- Explain to an adult what lagging is. Demonstrate how to do it.
- Demonstrate the following shooting techniques: knuckling down,
bowling, and lofting (also called plunking).
- Explain the correct way of scoring for a game of marbles.
- Play five complete matches of marbles using standard rules.
- Start a collection of marbles and show it at a den or pack
- Write a short report on the history of marbles and share it with
your den or family.
- Explain the rules about shooters.
General Sports Requirements
Following are the requirements for earning the Sports belts loops and
|Belt loops and pins are earned only by Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and
Webelos Scouts (not adults).
|The archery and BB-gun shooting belt loops and pins must be earned
under BSA range-trained supervision. The BB-gun shooting loop and
pin must be earned at a BSA facility range.
|Requirements may be adjusted to accommodate the special needs of
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts with disabilities.
|Webelos Scouts may earn a belt loop or pin a second time to
qualify for Webelos activity badges.
|Boys may earn belt loops more than once; however, leaders should
encourage boys to try different requirements and earn the pin. Packs
should have a clear policy in place about whether the pack or the
boy's family is responsible for the cost of awards earned more than
Cub-Safe Marbles Resources for Kids
- Alan's Marble Connection
- contains marbles for sale, identification help, a reproductions
page, a discussion board, and more.
- Duke's Marbles -
marble collecting and selling.
- Marble Collectors Corner
- An area for all collectors of antique and collectible playing
Pack 121 Leader - Michael
The Pack 121 web site is maintained by
Jennifer Todd-Whitson and Kellie
Pack 121 is a member of the
19 Harvard St.
Worcester, MA 01609-2870
This page was updated on 10/17/00