Belt Loop and Pin
Cub Scout Sports:
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may
complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community
environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners.
Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Gymnastics Sports Belt Loop
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel
horse, still rings, vaulting/side horse, parallel bars, and
- Participate in three of the six events using the proper equipment.
- Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
Requirements for the Gymnastics Sports Pin
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the
General Sports Requirements
Following are the requirements for earning the Sports belts loops and
|Belt loops and pins are earned only by Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and
Webelos Scouts (not adults).
|The archery and BB-gun shooting belt loops and pins must be earned
under BSA range-trained supervision. The BB-gun shooting loop and
pin must be earned at a BSA facility range.
|Requirements may be adjusted to accommodate the special needs of
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts with disabilities.
|Webelos Scouts may earn a belt loop or pin a second time to
qualify for Webelos activity badges.
|Boys may earn belt loops more than once; however, leaders should
encourage boys to try different requirements and earn the pin. Packs
should have a clear policy in place about whether the pack or the
boy's family is responsible for the cost of awards earned more than
Cub-Safe Gymnastics Resources for Kids
Pack 121 Leader - Michael
The Pack 121 web site is maintained by
Jennifer Todd-Whitson and Kellie
Pack 121 is a member of the
19 Harvard St.
Worcester, MA 01609-2870
This page was updated on 10/17/00