Belt Loop and Pin
Cub Scout Sports:
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may
complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community
environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners.
Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Requirements for the Volleyball Sports Belt Loop
- Explain the rules of volleyball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the sport of
- Participate in a volleyball game.
Requirements for the Volleyball Sports Pin
Earn the Volleyball belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Compete in a pack, school, or community volleyball tournament
- Demonstrate skill in two volleyball passing techniques: forearm
pass and overhead pass (setting).
- Demonstrate skill in two volleyball serving techniques: underhand
- Spend at least 90 minutes in practice to develop individual skills
for volleyball. Make a chart to record your practice efforts.
- Explain how volleyball matches are scored, including the terms
side-out and rally scoring.
- Accurately lay out a volleyball court.
- Play five games of volleyball.
- Officiate at least three games of volleyball.
- Explain the importance of good sportsmanship.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional volleyball game.
General Sports Requirements
Following are the requirements for earning the Sports belts loops and
|Belt loops and pins are earned only by Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and
Webelos Scouts (not adults).
|The archery and BB-gun shooting belt loops and pins must be earned
under BSA range-trained supervision. The BB-gun shooting loop and
pin must be earned at a BSA facility range.
|Requirements may be adjusted to accommodate the special needs of
Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts with disabilities.
|Webelos Scouts may earn a belt loop or pin a second time to
qualify for Webelos activity badges.
|Boys may earn belt loops more than once; however, leaders should
encourage boys to try different requirements and earn the pin. Packs
should have a clear policy in place about whether the pack or the
boy's family is responsible for the cost of awards earned more than
Cub-Safe Volleyball Resources for Kids
About Volleyball - learn about the history of volleyball, the
rules, some fun facts, and skills and drills which will help you
play the sport.
|Excel Volleyball Camps
- staff, dates, locations and other information.
Association (NVA) - women's professional indoor volleyball
league featuring USA National Team players, former Olympians, and
- tournament results, biographies and schedules.
|Volleyball Worldwide -
provides information for all levels from junior high to Olympic and
professional. Also contains the official site of USA Volleyball.|
Pack 121 Leader - Michael
The Pack 121 web site is maintained by
Jennifer Todd-Whitson and Kellie
Pack 121 is a member of the
19 Harvard St.
Worcester, MA 01609-2870
This page was updated on 10/17/00